Recreational Vehicle (RV) Insurance?
Protect Yourself and Your RV with RV Insurance
Although the specific laws vary by state, all vehicles that travel on the road require some type of insurance. Therefore, whether your RV is a drivable model or a trailer designed to be pulled by another vehicle, you must ensure that your RV is covered by an appropriate insurance policy before hitting the open road.
RV insurance is specifically designed to cover a wide variety of recreational vehicles, including motor homes, fifth wheel trailers, Airstream travel trailers, mounted truck campers, and more. Each RV insurance policy should be designed to cover the specific features of your exact RV model.
Recreational Vehicle Insurance Coverages
- Bodily injury liability: covers injury the policyholder causes to others.
- Personal Injury Protection or medical payments: covers the treatment of injuries to the driver and passengers in the policyholder’s RV
- Property damage liability: covers damage the policyholder causes to another person’s property
- Collision: covers damage to the policyholder’s RV during a collision
- Comprehensive: covers damages caused to the policyholder’s RV other than a traffic collision (such as fire, explosions, earthquakes, floods, riots); also covers theft of the vehicle
- Uninsured motorists coverage: covers damages caused by a hit-and-run or by a driver who does not have insurance
- Contents coverage: covers damage to or the loss of the contents of the recreational vehicle; usually covers a set amount that cannot be exceeded in a payout
At SunGate Insurance Agency, our goal is to provide you with the right RV insurance policy to meet the legal requirements of your state and to offer you and your family peace of mind! Contact us today find the policy that works for you!